Wednesday, April 20, 2011

Last Dinner in Tokyo - Shabu Shabu Ichie

For last dinner in Japan, Alexis and I went to a Shabu Shabu place in Roppongi. We sat down at the counter, and the waitress brought us a menu. The menu was full of kanji characters, so I couldn't read the majority of the menu. Alexis asked if they had an English menu, and they didn't have that either. As a result, I asked the waitress to come over and read the menu to me. After listening to her read the menu, we ordered the Okinawa style shabu shabu. It came with two different types of thinly sliced pork. I think it was pork loin and pork belly. The nabe we ordered was a standard dashi broth with lots of scallions. Alexis isn't a big fan of onions, so we ordered yasai moriawase (mixed vegetables) to add to the nabe. It was very tasty, and it was a nice way to end the Japan portion of our trip because nabe is one of our favorite foods.

No comments:

Post a Comment